Kashmiri Kahwa Tea Recepy
INGREDIENTS (How to make Kashmiri Kahwa Tea at Home)
- Only 2 cups water – 500 ml
- And 2 inches cinnamon (dalchini) – use true cinnamon and not cassia cinnamon
- More 2 green cardamoms (choti elaichi)
- 2 cloves (lavang)
- 5 to 6 dried rose petals – optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar or add as per taste
- 1 teaspoon green tea or add as required
- 4 to 5 almonds sliced or crushed or chopped – optional
- 10 to 12 strands of saffron – optional
INSTRUCTIONS (How to make Kashmiri Kahwa Tea at Home)
- Get all the spices ready before you start making kahwa.
- Take the cinnamon, cloves and green cardamoms in a mortar-pestle. crush them lightly.
- Slice 4 to 5 almonds thinly. almonds can be crushed also in the mortar-pestle. you can even use 2 to 3 walnuts in place of almonds – chop them and add.
- In a saucepan, take 2 cups water. place saucepan on the stove-top on a medium flame.
- Add the lightly crushed spices and dried rose petals in the water.
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar or add as per taste.
- Let the water come to a gentle boil on a medium flame.
- Switch off the flame. place the pan on the kitchen counter-top. add 1 teaspoon green tea. you can add less or more green tea leaves as you prefer.
- Cover the pan with its lid and steep green leaves in the hot water for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, pour kahwa tea in small cups using a tea strainer.
- Add 3 to 4 saffron strands and sliced almonds in each cup.
- Serve kahwa and enjoy this fragrant mild green tea.